Monday, February 23, 2009

Is Griffey Done?

When Griffey was in his prime, he was one of the most feared hitters in all of baseball...Now, I don't think you can make the argument that his bat is as potent as it used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I can't tell you how much I admire Griffey as a player. He has been a class act and a great role model for the young people throughout the world but I think its time to hang up the spikes Ken.

Griffey hit 30 homers in '07 and 18 in '08 so I know there is some pop left in that bat of his but I just don't know how much. My lone concern with him going back to Seattle is his health. Griff has suffered from numerous injuries in the past seven years and I just don't want to see him exit the game on a bad note.

Guys like Barry Sanders and Tiki Barber retired when things were going great in their careers and they didn't have to live with the scrutiny of staying in their respected sports longer then they should have.

Griffey, I wish you the best in Seattle...I hope you belt 30 homers this year and drive in 100 runs...But I just hope you stay injury free and healthy for a whole season and not let the media criticize you for being past your prime.

No comments: